Jerry

Jerry
Jerry Lynn Myers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sci-Fi

     Jerry's absolute favorite TV channel was Sci-Fi.  He loved the B (or C or D) movies.  The cornier the better.
     In our first year of marriage, Jeri Leigh was visiting from Lake Jackson.  "Children of the Corn" was on TV.  Jerry started with the puns, such as "what an earie movie," but soon I joined in, trying to think of one to his every two or three play on words.  I don't think Jeri Leigh has ever watched it again, thanks to the "corny" jokes she had to endure. 
     When Sam was little, we watched the giant octopus movie over and over until Sam and I knew when to scream along with the woman in the movie.  After that, there were a series of movies we would watch again and again because Jerry would be hooked.  I don't know how many times we saw "Eight Legged Freaks" or "Ice Spiders."  Then Jeri Leigh introduced dad to "Firefly" and "Serenity."  He loved the combination of Science Fiction with the western style of Mal.  But the movie that never got old for Jerry was "The Fifth Element."  I have no idea how many times we watched it.  If you have the movie channels on your TV, you need to notice how often it comes on.  At least once a week!  So, while I was at work, Jerry probably watched it between chores, just to get his Milla fix.
     I never was a fan of Science Fiction before I met Jerry.  Now, when I pass a cornfield, I always look to see if someone is "stalking" me!

No comments:

Post a Comment